We do update this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly.
Information We Collect In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
• Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information or make a purchase.
• Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
We want to make our website as useful and reliable as possible. In order to make our website a better experience and to provide some of the services we provide we use small files, called cookies, to store small amounts of information on your device (e.g. PC, tablet or smart phone). They cannot be used to identify you personally.
This information is used to improve services for you through, for example:
• Recognising that you may have set preferences on a previous visit so we can display content appropriate to you
• Measuring how people are using the website so we can improve how we present our content to you
If you do not wish these cookies to be tracked you can disable them in your browser, but this may negatively effect your experience on the site.
There are two types of cookie you may encounter when using our website:
First party cookies: these are our own cookies, controlled by us and used to provide information about usage of our site.
Third party cookies: these are cookies found in other companies internet tools which we are using to enhance our site, for example Facebook or Twitter have their own cookies, which are controlled by them.
First Party Cookies
|exp_last_activity||Allows us to remember the last time you interacted with the site within the current visit|
|exp_tracker||Allows us to remember the last 5 pages you viewed|
|PHPSESSID||Used by our shop to track your progress as you checkout|
Third Party Cookies
|Cookies with names prefixed by ‘__utm’||Stores information used by Google Analytics to track user activity on the site.|
|fcsid||Stores information used by FoxyCart, the payment system used by our shop|
|PREF||Stores information used by YouTube so that they can remember your viewing preferences|
|Cookies with names prefixed by ‘VISITOR_INFO’||Stores information used by YouTube so that they can remember your viewing preferences|
|guest_id||Stores information used by Twitter to identify you when tweeting about an article|
|Apache||Stores information used by Paypal to track your checkout progress|
|Cookies with names prefixed by ‘TS’||Stores information used by Paypal to track your checkout progress|
Use of Your Information We may use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
• To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
• To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
• To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
If you have previously purchased goods or services from us we may provide to you details of similar goods or services, or other goods and services, that you may be interested in.
Storing Your Personal Data We do our utmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated and stored securely.
Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically. Sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
• In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer.
• Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
• To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Access to Information In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you. Please note that we reserve the right to charge a fee of £10 to cover costs incurred by us in providing you with the information.